Please connect with me on LinkedIn
- Guided over 3,500 individuals in areas of career development, transition, goal setting, decision-making, creating work-personal balance and effective work search.
- Effected 10% increase in career satisfaction for 900 members of Information Technology workforce measured across an 18-month program delivery.
- Facilitated individuals’ self-assessment in areas such as vocational temperaments, values, interests, learning styles, skills, abilities and information acquisition.
- Developed rapport with individuals of all ages from a wide range of ethno-cultural backgrounds.
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832
I provide a full range of career development programs. Whether you are an individual in transition, an organization looking to retain and develop talented employees or a professional in the career field seeking to enhance your competence; there is a complete menu of services here to serve you.
Career Counselling and Coaching for Individuals
Since 1986 I have coached over 3,500 people to find their niche in life and be consistently happy and effective in the work they do. Virtually anyone can benefit from career coaching. To determine whether this process might be of value to you, consider the following situations that people I have worked with have experienced:
- I want to balance my life & work!
- I don’t know what to be when I grow up!
- I have a number of career options and I am not sure which is the best for me.
- I am thinking of taking an educational program but not sure what is best (e.g. a post-degree certificate, MSW or MBA).
- I am looking at different professional development options; I need to bounce some ideas off you.
- I know what I want but I am not sure how to get there.
- I am feeling stuck at this point.
- I want to make a career change and need support to do this.
- I would like to increase my professional capabilities and I want you to coach me in my skill development.
Organizational Development Consulting
Organizations can increase their effectiveness by implementing career management and team development programs. To determine whether these processes might be of value to you, consider if the following outcomes would benefit your organization:
- Improving the capability of the organization by increasing the capability of the workforce.
- Ensuring that development capability is an attribute of the organization rather than a few individuals.
- Aligning the motivation of individuals with that of the organization.
- Retaining human assets (i.e., people with critical knowledge and skills) within the organization.
Professional Education for Career Coaches & Counsellors
I have a very strong passion for learning and am honoured to have been able to facilitate the learning of other professionals in the field of career development. Over the past decade there are a variety of exciting learning partnerships I have participated in. I currently provide career development education to practitioners at:
- Conestoga College (Kitchener, Ontario)
Over the years many individuals have been gracious in sharing their perspectives on how this work affects their lives. Please find below the words of some of these people. For those of you who choose to work with me, you are welcome to read the originals with full identifying information at my office. Here is what others say:
Here are comments from individuals who participated in career development sessions I delivered in a corporate information technology department:
Rob was extremely comfortable with his presentation and this was very evident within the class. Because of this, the class was comfortable and very open to his presentations and thoughts and also felt very comfortable in sharing their points of view. Keep up the great work Rob.
As always, the instructor was very good. He is a very good public speaker and is able to connect well with the audience.
I really thought that Rob was and amazing teacher. He has a very friendly personality and helped to make everyone in the room feel comfortable about a rather non-public topic. Careers are not something you normally talk about openly with complete strangers.
Rob is an excellent instructor!
Rob is obviously passionate in his work…. this comes out very clearly as he presents the material, and interacts with the class.
Always enjoy sessions with Rob. His ‘personalized’ approach to learning is refreshing.
Rob made this course a fun place to be. He has a very good way of getting people to work together and to make them see their potential. Although we didn’t have time to complete all of the exercises, it is something that I will be working on myself to get up to the next level.
Rob presented the information very well. He was interesting and informative. He was very good at clarifying things and answering everyone’s questions.
I really appreciated the instructor sharing some of his life experiences to help us understand the concepts better.
It has been helpful to have the same instructor throughout various career development courses, this builds continuity in learning.
Rob is a great instructor. I really appreciate his skills and enjoy his sense of humour. He makes learning effortless for me.
The instructor was excellent! He did a great job of ensuring the seminar was valuable for everyone participating, regardless of age or length of career, etc.
I enjoyed Rob’s teaching, instructing methods. He was enjoyable to listen, and made the day go very quickly.
I really enjoyed Robs’ ability to get us excited about doing the workshop. The instructor was excellent … Rob encourages everyone to participate & lets everyone know that their opinion & comments are welcome. Rob also makes time for all the attendees and seems to have the knack to make everyone feel comfortable. As well, Rob exceeded expectations of any instructor.
The facilitator exhibited in depth knowledge of the material being presented. Presentation in clear, concise manner. Great at generating discussion of the group.
This is an excellent course that I would highly recommend to anyone. The exercises made us focus on our strong points to such an extent that I’m now looking forward to the challenges I see coming our way in the next few months. I will also be taking note of what I’m proud of, and how I got there.
This course went far above any expectations I had for it. I was actually considering not coming but am so happy I attended it. Not only did it help me become aware of certain things it boosted my confidence.
I feel this course was well worth attending. It provided me with direction on setting goals and managing my career. I would recommend this course to others.
I was TOTALLY satisfied with the course – I have recommended it to everyone – Rob is awesome!
It really gets you thinking and involved. I learned SOOOOOOO much from the course that I will take away and use forever!
I would recommend this course to anybody who is not sure of what he/she is and/or wants out of life.